[ale] HOW2 go -> wireless & connect PC to the internet, through cell phone ?

Courtney Thomas cc.thomas at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 26 09:34:47 EDT 2006

Jack,

Thanks so much for sharing.

What's the difference between CDMA and GPRS. I suspect different protocols,
but to a user
what does it matter ?

So with Verizon cell service, you CAN do data but it's about dialup speed
half the time  ? What
speed is it when not dialup  ?

Is the Mobile office software necessary, free and if not, how much  ?

Is there anything special about the Kyocera 650 or is it like a typical
dialup modem like my
Xircom Modem 56 ?

Is the Data Service [$59.95] in addition to the Cell Service or is the DS
supposed to be
like CS except faster data, or what  ?

Thanks for the kenkinder link. Good stuff !

Cordially,
Courtney