[ale] Package Management across multiple machines?

Brian D. Pitts bpitts at LearnLink.Emory.Edu
Fri Oct 27 16:17:50 EDT 2006

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org> writes:
>At my current company we have a system that will keep packages and
>files up to date on a multitude of servers (we had 800 production at one
>time).  This system will use rsync to copy out needed files, overwriting
>when called for, ignoring when the files are right.  There was a
>hierarchy of servers to manage the packages in different physical areas
>if needed.

This sounds very similar to my understadning of what Google does.

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1814790366;fp;16;fpid;0

http://www.sundell.net/~alan/projects/slack/

-Brian