[ale] Ubuntu for developers?

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Oct 20 10:07:42 EDT 2006

My biggest question has been "Does it have all I need?".  I guess the
reason I ask this is because FC5 came on DVD and Ubuntu came on CD-R.
If I use the development tools and other stuff from FC5 how can Ubuntu
have everything in an installation?

I've installed Ubuntu on family computers with success for them.  They
still sometimes boot into Windows but for many things they do I've got
them going into Ubuntu.  It is a step in the right direction for them
and I thin Ubuntu has helped me in that regard.