[ale] large file downloads & Comcast

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at comcast.net
Sat Oct 7 00:31:06 EDT 2006

Some months back, our Comcast service deteriorated until we were getting
2-3 drops a day and it took forever to restore sync.  I finally called
them out here and they checked our level, which was adequate, and they
took some length off the cable to the modem and redid some of my
connectors (the younger of the two guys made a smartass remark about the
connector job and I looked at him and said "None taken").  Things have
been working pretty well since, but the fact of the matter is that there
was a deterioration which is bound to get so bad that even the slight
improvements they made are no help.  My analog CATV service looks like
crap on many channels, and in the past few months I've noticed that
Comcast seems to have pixellation or pixellate-and-freeze-up problem on
a regular basis.