[ale] Preparing for etch

Bob Slaughter rslau at mindspring.com
Wed Nov 22 21:06:46 EST 2006

I'm running Debian 3.1 now. I know edge has been delayed a bit, but it
still doesn't hurt to get ready.

Do I *need* to change the references in all my sources.list entries from
'stable' to 'sarge' to prevent an unexpected upgrade? I don't plan on
doing a dist-upgrade until after the first few weeks, but I don't want
to be surprised.

Secondly, I'm running a 2.4.x kernel now, and would like to switch to a
2.6.x before etch. Any advice on the *best* way to do this? Is there
anything I would expect to break?

--
Bob Slaughter, rslauGUESS at WHATmindspring.com
http://www.mindspring.com/~rslau/