[ale] HOW2 force the installation of a utililty that is "out of version" in Debian ?

Courtney Thomas courtneycthomas at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 20 19:34:19 EST 2006

Preston,

Thank you and yes, I meant pump not jump.

The flaw in your recommendation about any upgrading is that since my NIC is
inoperable without
PUMP :-)  I can't do anything that requires internet access, but you are
correct that
    apt-get install pump
is exactly what I'm after, since I'm unable to access the web without the
NIC which requires pump.

Most appreciatively,
Courtney