[ale] Linux Gaming

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Thu May 25 14:23:23 EDT 2006

Alpha Centauri, I havent played that in years.

http://transgaming.org/gamesdb/games/view.mhtml?game_id=2674

Cedega apparently supports it.

Im asking an fellow Ubuntu gamer........

http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?appId=332

Additionally, Freeciv of course , for the True Civ clone.

as far as what I play, phew, here we go.

Tremulous - http://www.tremulous.net
Cedega Driven Guildwars
Freeciv
Glest - http://www.glest.org
TORCS
Trigger - only if IM REALLY BORED
Any Variety of Quake or Doom.
Enemy Territory or any Mod driven RTCW.
Cedega Driven Battlefield 2
Native Linux Tribes 2
Wine driven Tribes:Vengence (rare)
Legends http://legendsthegame.net

Plus anything else I get my hands on to mess around with.

On 5/25/06, Steve Brown <braino420 at gmail.com> wrote:

> >Message: 7
> >Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:06:19 -0400
> >From: KingBahamut <gwosbahamut at gmail.com>
> >Subject: Re: [ale] OT: Online game rentals
> >To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts" <ale at ale.org>
> >
> >Nope.
> >
> >Sure dont.
> >
> >http://gaming.gwos.org <http://gaming.gwos.org/>
> >
> >I gave out 5 bucks to Transgaming.com <http://transgaming.com/> for their
> redux of Wine for Gaming. On
> >top of that the Linux gaming community is getting so large now, that
> there
> >are a number of freely released titles that are gaining moumentum.
> >
> >See the above link. The market Arena is what youll want to look at.
>
> Any of you ever play Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? It's kind of old and is
> like Civilization (but better). Anyway, they have a Linux version that I
> installed on Ubuntu DD and it runs fine. It's one of my favorite games of
> alltime, I just keep going back to it. Games last a little long to do them
> in one night though... What Linux games do you play? I have yet to try Wine;
> does it allow you to use your gfx and sound cards to their full potential?
>
> -Steve Brown

KingBahamut
Founder of the GWoS
All Around Geek
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."