[ale] Linux Gaming

Steve Brown braino420 at gmail.com
Thu May 25 14:15:33 EDT 2006

>Message: 7
>Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 16:06:19 -0400
>From: KingBahamut <gwosbahamut at gmail.com>
>Subject: Re: [ale] OT: Online game rentals
>To: "Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts" <ale at ale.org>
>
>Nope.
>
>Sure dont.
>
>http://gaming.gwos.org <http://gaming.gwos.org/>
>
>I gave out 5 bucks to Transgaming.com <http://transgaming.com/> for their
redux of Wine for Gaming. On
>top of that the Linux gaming community is getting so large now, that there
>are a number of freely released titles that are gaining moumentum.
>
>See the above link. The market Arena is what youll want to look at.

Any of you ever play Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri? It's kind of old and is
like Civilization (but better). Anyway, they have a Linux version that I
installed on Ubuntu DD and it runs fine. It's one of my favorite games of
alltime, I just keep going back to it. Games last a little long to do them
in one night though... What Linux games do you play? I have yet to try Wine;
does it allow you to use your gfx and sound cards to their full potential?

-Steve Brown