[ale] mounting an SD card

Paul Cartwright paul_tbot at pcartwright.com
Wed Jun 28 16:03:36 EDT 2006

On Wed June 28 2006 3:54 pm, Jim wrote:
> I have two instances of Suse 9.3. ?One of them opens a file manager
> window with the contents of the card/stick/camera or whatever I plug
> into the usb port. ?The other mounts it under /media/usbdisk? but
> doesn't show it. ?I used the same disk to install both systems. ?Go
> figure.

forgot to mention, why only 9.3??
I upgraded my main box to 10.0 long time ago, and put 10.1 on my
laptop, but nuked it for the ubuntu setup:)

my problem is, I am home right now, no trips scheduled, and I work off
of my desktop setup. I never get a chance to play with the laptop in
Ubuntu mode !!
I don't think "she who doesn't like me screwing with her computer" will
like a drastic change from SUSE 10.0 KDE, to Ubuntu Enlightenment...

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800