[ale] Stoopid Noobs

Christopher Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Fri Jun 16 20:36:48 EDT 2006

One time I was working on an AIX box and for some reason the system
disks were not being found.  Everything worked after I reloaded the
mksysb.  I staid up all night trying to figure it out.  Next morning had
IBM tech come out.  Apparently when I put everything back together I
accidentally set the SCSI ID of the tape drive to the same ID as the
controller.  It never occurred to me to double check all IDs.