[ale] Stoopid Noobs

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Fri Jun 16 09:15:50 EDT 2006

Well, going back to the stone age ...

The first thing I adminstered that I could call an 'operating system'
was OS-8, a DECtape management system on my shiny, new PDP-8e. I
installed OS-8 on the box and set up DEC's version of FORTRAN (knuckles
glowing from all those &*(%$!! Toggle switches!), and worked the
afternoon.

Next day I found lots of stuff had been deleted. I went storming around
looking for the IDIOT who had done the damage, until it dawned on me
there was only one qualified idiot it could have been.

Great start to a career - or at least a good reality check.

 - Mills