[ale] World Cup Online? With Linux?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jun 14 10:08:04 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 09:54 -0400, Robert L. Harris wrote:

> Well,
>   I'm sitting at work watching the World Cup matches unlike co-workes who
> just leave early, yada yada.  Unfortunately I'm stuck watching it on my
> Windows box through "tvuplayer" to catch the espn2 stream.  I can't go to
> espn360 since my work isp doesn't have the same contract as my home isp.
>
>   Has anyone found a way to watch espn or other decent channels online,
> live under linux?

I have a cheap video capture card ($8 from Delta Electronics about 3
years ago) that's a low end hauppage some thing or other. I run FC5 now
(worked on 2,3 and 4) and can watch tv using an app called tvtime. It
picks up all the channels on my cable (analog connection. too cheap for
digital 'cause I just don't see the benefit of adding $20 to the bill
for _another_ 90 channels of sh*t)