[ale] OT: Craig Newmark of Craig's List on Net Neutrality

J. D. jdonline at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 19:38:51 EDT 2006

On 6/10/06, Jim Philips <briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> Here's a real world example that shows how this would work. Let's say you
> call
> Joe's Pizza and the first thing you hear is a message saying you'll be
> connected in a minute or two, but if you want, you can be connected to
> Pizza
> Hut right away. That's not fair, right? You called Joe's and want some
> Joe's
> pizza. Well, that's how some telecommunications executives want the
> Internet
> to operate, with some Web sites easier to access than others. For them,
> this
> would be a money-making regime.

     That is a wonderful example of a nasty mess Jim. To me this should
really be a no brainer. It isn't fair at all and is completely against what
I feel the Internet is about. Not to pull a chicken little here but isn't it
really going down the tubes if availability is controlled by companies that
could/would have a vested interest?

Best regards,

J. D.