[ale] Comcast HSI was Re: 10M service

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 1 16:47:22 EDT 2006

Joshua Kite wrote:
> A Comcast tech just showed up at my door a few minutes ago.  She was a
> real employee (as opposed to all the contractors I've been getting) and
> was very competent.  She showed me where to find the logs on my modem,
> and they don't look as bad as what you've been experiencing.
> Unfortunately the logs do not show upload speeds or line powering, so
> there's no good log of what the upload speeds have been.
>
> The tech told me that the engineers are aware of the problems in our
> node (D9) and that my hub (D9-40) is one of the one which has
> experienced real problems.  It also sounds like mismatched data between
> the plats, billing, and provisioning systems may explain some of my
> problems.  They're in the process of replacing several cards and even
> some servers in our node, so here's hoping that my problems will be
> resolved soon.  As she said, there's nothing left to replace.

That all sounds good (who doesn't want to hear that the are working
behind the scene somewhere to improve things?) but I am way over in area
A2 and we have the same problems as those up in Dunwoody and somewhere
out in the sticks (where Geoff lives :-)).  What are the odds that all
this equipment experienced problems all at the same time?

Seems to me that Comcast owes us all more than $20.  Some honesty would
be a nice start. ;-)

-Jim P.