[ale] Off Topic: Sort Of

Mike Fletcher fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Jul 27 14:50:20 EDT 2006

On Jul 27, 2006, at 11:33 AM, Vernard Martin wrote:

> I'm looking for some help on configuring Nagios to use qpage to
> communicate with a TAP-2-SMS gateway. I've got Nagios working fine.
> And
> I've got qpage working fine. But I can't get the correct
> sequence/scripts/process to pass the information as an SMS message
> properly. As you can imagine it is quite frustrating.
>
> Any and all help would be appreciated.

Don't know about qpage, but one thing you might try is not bothering
with it to begin with.

Back a job ago when I set up nagios I had it use the email
notification (which pretty much worked straight out of the box) to
send alerts to phone#@mobileprovider.com (whatever their email-to-sms
gateway address format was).  That also had the benefit of not
requiring a modem and phone line just for sending out notifications.

Just thought I'd toss that out.