[ale] [OT] Angies List - what's not to like

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Mon Jul 17 20:25:00 EDT 2006

Kenneth W Cochran wrote:

> I don't know your situation there in Georgia but here in
> Alabama there is a license law for (construction) contractors &
> skilled trades.  IMO the best (quick) information source for
> these is your local Homebuilders Association.  State licensure
> is one membership requirement.  Disclaimer: I am both a member
> of said organization and licensed in my state.

I don't know what your situation there in Alabama is, but here in
Georgia anyone can purchase a builder's license.  It's a matter of
money, not skill or knowledge.. :)

I'm not sure I'd rely on the homebuilder's association, after all, it's
a homebuilder's association, not a homeOWNERS association.  I've built
four homes in four different states, if you want it done right, you
better be there to see it's done right.

Having a license does not necessarily indicate a skill or knowledge.

--
Until later, Geoffrey

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little
security will deserve neither and lose both.  - Benjamin Franklin