[ale] "Good" Newsreader for GNOME/Ubuntu?

William Bagwell rb211 at tds.net
Thu Jul 13 08:55:07 EDT 2006

On Thursday 13 July 2006 01:55 am, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
>snips
> I could (theoretically) roll my own, using Python, though I would really
> like to not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. ?I have started
> playing with it thus far, and have started using the Python bindings for
> wxWidgets, but the problem is that building all of this stuff is really
> going slower then I can actually afford. ?Paying someone to implement
> functionality isn't an option for me, either, because I cannot afford to
> pay someone a reasonable rate (or really, anything, right now) to
> implement what I need (say, in Pan).

Jebus you are serious about getting exactly what you want! If you run Wine
or CrossOver office read on, otherwise hit the delete key before I insult
you:) Check out Forte Agent. Runs great under CXO and can run pretty good
with plain Wine. It allready has every thing you listed except HTML. Read
support is in beta testing and should be out soon. (I'm a tester and I am
happy with it...) Write support is not currently planed.

Coincidentally Agent was rewritten in wxWidgets just a few years ago.
Variety of reasons, mostly for features that could not be as easily
implemented in the original Borland C. But it also allows the possibility
of a native linux version in the future.
--
William