[ale] "Good" Newsreader for GNOME/Ubuntu?

Michael B. Trausch fd0man at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 08:29:33 EDT 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 05:03 -0400, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On Thu July 13 2006 1:55 am, Michael B. Trausch wrote:
> >  * View only threads that have unread messages in them, in addition
> >    to all threads.
> >  * Supports attachments and HTML posts, both reading and writing (I
> >    have to deal with lots of OE users in an online learning
> >    environment).
> >  * Supports specifying non-standard ports OR supports NNTPS -- if it
> >    doesn't support NNTPS, I have to use non-standard ports because
> >    I would have to use stunnel to connect to (multiple) servers.
> >  * Has a "next read message" key or shortcut.
> >  * Things like plonking, scoring, etc. do not matter to me.
>
> I don't know if Klibido does EVERYTHING you want, but it is free:
> http://klibido.sourceforge.net/

Well, I can look into it if nothing else is found.  *shrugs*  I tried
several revisions of that mahogany program and I couldn't get a single
one to build, they all had issues building against the wxWidgets
library, and it's nothing that I can fix.  Anyway, I was trying to see
if I could avoid keeping most of KDE on this box, since right now the
only things installed on the system that are with KDE are because of
KNode.  *shrugs*

	Thanks,
	Mike