[ale] TCP/IP routing on RHEL3 ES

Ryan Fish FishR at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 31 22:45:09 EST 2006

There are no gateways specified in the ifcfg-ethX files so there shouldn't
be any confusion on that part.

I'm not sure why just restarting the network service isn't accepting the
changes and going about its business as I believe it should but I had to do
the following:

1) route del default gw 192.168.3.1 (I had added this manually)

2) set the gateway to 209.168.x.x in /etc/sysconfig/network

3) reboot

When the box came back up everything was how it should be and IP traffic was
routed properly again.

Any ideas why the reboot was necessary to get this to work right???

Thank you.

-Ryan

  _____