[ale] SSH session ends immediately after authentication

Mike Kachline mkachline at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:45:01 EST 2006

> I don't know what would make it go all wonky like that, but it occurs to
> me that the programs that had problems (su, login, ??) are all on the

Software like "su" and "login" having problems already sounds suspect. If
you're on an RPM based box, you may want to try "rpm --verify -f /bin/su".
Do you see a "5" show up in the results? If so, I would suspect a
compromise. Look at other "suspect" files such as /bin/bash, /bin/login and
/usr/sbin/sshd.

--
Mike Kachline
mkachline at gmail.com