[ale] OT easy html editor

George Carless kafka at antichri.st
Mon Jan 23 17:42:58 EST 2006

On Mon, Jan 23, 2006 at 05:19:20PM -0500, William Fragakis wrote:
> Printshop + newsletter != html
>
> I'm confused why the need for an html wysiwyg editor for a newsletter.
> html is for web pages (and Front Page does a crappy job of it).

I'll just weigh in and say that this is in many ways quite an
old-fashioned outlook.  The combination of HTML+CSS is quite a powerful
one, quite capable of producing fairly complex layouts for both screen
and print, without the cruft that something like PDFs bring along and
with the benefits garnered from having things in an easily readable,
easily modified, non-proprietary standard that can be readily used for
multiple media (with different styles for each media as appropriate).
There are gaps, sure, but I don't think that dismissing HTML for this
purpose is really appropriate.

--George