[ale] Naked DSL from Bellsouth

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Jan 14 11:47:19 EST 2006

On Sat, 2006-01-14 at 09:35 -0500, Daniel Howard wrote:

> Next time that happens, go out yourself and reconnectorize the
> F-connector on the side of your house, that way it will be connected
> even if stretched.  It's also probably older drop line (most current
> ones are quad shield RG-6, yours sounds like single or dual shield), so
> you could do what one of my collegues did: his drop line 'accidentally'
> came loose from both the house and the pole one night, and they came out
> and replaced it with a more modern one.  His service improved across the
> spectrum.

Yes, I have an older single shield feed. I was hoping it would get
snapped off during the winds last night...

Hmm. I have room in my 1" underground conduit that I ran from the pole
to my telco demarc point. 100' of quad seems like a good investment if I
can't get Comcast to replace the single. I do have some construction
going on that _might_ interfere with the current location of the
cable...