[ale] [Fwd: James Gosling will be speaking at the Sept. AJUG meeting]

Step random4444 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 30 10:11:15 EDT 2006

Good point.  Considering I can't write in either, I suppose it's not a
surprise.  Still, I was referring to IE when I mentioned 'garbage'.  :)

You've hit on a big problem: how the heck do newbies know where to get good
code examples?  The only relatively safe approach I can think of is to buy
expensive books, but even that doesn't approach a guarantee.  The other
option is to hang out in IRC or sitepoint.com or something and ask people,
but then the person who doesn't know any better has to wade through people's
opinions and try to make a decision on something they're not qualified to
understand....ah well, so much for the information age.  ;)