[ale] [Fwd: James Gosling will be speaking at the Sept. AJUG meeting]

Mike Harrison meuon at geeklabs.com
Wed Aug 30 06:30:07 EDT 2006

On Tue, 29 Aug 2006, Geoffrey wrote:
> Well, you can always get more speed if data integrity is not important.

While true, as a basic statement. There is nothing that I can find
in Java the makes 'data integrity' better. In fact, I think it obscures
data, makes it hard to work with, extremely hard to debug...
way to much 'it's a magic black box object you feed other objects to and
maybe what you want will come out of it'

USR1. Snort.. Less Errors, more Exceptions. Aaaaigh!

Step <random4444 at gmail.com> added:
>speaking of garbage, and garbage collection...
>http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/08/28/728654.aspx

JavaScript looks a little bit like Java, but it ain't Java.

And: 98% of the 'You can learn JavaScript here' websites on the 'net
should be destroyed to keep "webmaster/photoshop/flash" junkies from
learning really bad JavaScript from inane and insane examples that
regurgitated copies of each other.

-- Thank you, I feel Soo much better now.

Best Java: 8 O'Clock brand dark roast (cheap and good) in a
good expresso machine.. MMmm..