[ale] setting up WP sandbox on Ubuntu...

Step random4444 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 20:16:01 EDT 2006

So I'm learning the hard way here.  I'm trying to get WordPress up and
running, but so far I can't even get to where I've got mysql running
properly so I can create a database to hold WP.  The irony is that I at one
point did have mysql working properly, but later removed it in a mis-guided
attempt to "start over" using the "easier" XAMPP install.

Right now when I try "sudo mysql -u root -p" (I only know what half of that
means), I get "sudo: mysql: command not found".  How do I go about
troubleshooting that?  I(t's sad, but I don't even know where to start now -
I'm afraid too much googling has left me very confused......)