[ale] Notebook for sale

Larry Wanzer larry_wanzer at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 18:33:41 EDT 2006

I have a Compaq Presario R3000 Series notebook (I won't call it a laptop since it's one of those larger, heavier machines (around 8lbs)) that I purchased March of last year and am looking to get sell it.

The specs are

Intel Pentium 4 2.80 GHz
Integrated 802.11b/g Wireless LAN
15.4" WXGA High Definition Brightview Widescreen Display
60GB Hard Drive
ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP
1280 MB RAM
DVD+-RW/R and CDRW Combo Drive
5-in-1 Memory Card Reader

Here's a review of it (http://reviews.digitaltrends.com/review1769.html)

It came with Microsoft XP Home, which is what is on the restore disk.  I have an OEM copy of Windows XP Professional that I can throw in, which is what I have loaded on it.  There appears to be some good documentation on this Wiki (http://prinsig.se/weekee/index.php/Table_of_Contents) about getting Linux running on it.  It's a great machine, but I've come into posession of a new Mac Book, so I don't need this machine any more.  I'm asking $500 for it if anyone is interested.

Larry
http://www.punkcoder.com/