[ale] Opinions of Arch Linux?

KingBahamut gwosbahamut at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 15:18:13 EDT 2006

There is a backports project run that stores "current" versions of software
on a standard install of Ubuntu. Those repositories I believe show up in a
standard install of Dapper. Im pretty sure they keep most current versions
of software on the backport repos up to date, for those who want "bleeding
edge".

If not, and Im wrong (which happens more often than not)

http://www.ubuntulinux.nl/source-o-matic

to modify your sources to get backports into your sources.list.

On 8/3/06, James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

> What?
>
> On 8/3/06, KingBahamut <gwosbahamut at gmail.com> wrote:
> > As far as Currency of status goes, Im fairly certain that Ubys backports
> > repos are fairly up to date. I havent had too much of a problem
> installing
> > anything that isnt in the repos per se either.
>

> --
> James Sumners
> http://james.roomfullofmirrors.com/
>
> "All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts
> pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it
> is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become
> drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted."
>
> Missionaria Protectiva, Text QIV (decto)
> CH:D 59

KingBahamut
http://doc.gwos.org - Definitive Ubuntu Documentation
"I could tell you the probability, but you wouldnt like it."