[ale] Mandriva upgrade problem

Michael Hirsch mdhirsch at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 13:59:36 EDT 2005

It is clear that something is majorly hosed on your system. Working your way
thorugh the startup and canceling one service after another is not really a
good solution. It is barely possible that you'll end up with a working
system, but it is much more likely that you'll end up turning everything off
and have a system that "runs" but provides nothing for the user.

I would recommend a fresh install, but since several live CDs can't boot, I
wonder if that will do any good. You say it runs Mandrake 9.2, so it doesn't
sound like new hardware.,. This confuses me.

If you have a spare HD, I'd recommend removing your current drive and doing
a fresh install on the spare drive. If that works, try a fresh install on
the old drive, or just use the old drive to hold your user files and boot
off the spare drive.

Michael