[ale] dangerous - but i did it anyway

Roger Hammons egorra at attglobal.net
Thu Sep 15 17:13:15 EDT 2005

While playing with rsync (and just after reading that
the "--delete" option is dangerous) I wiped out everything
in /tmp which, it turned out, contained some files needed
by my xserver.

I have almost everything working again (via xf86config)
EXCEPT most or all windows appear physically larger than
before and some are physically larger than my screen.  This
is most apparent and frustrating when the window won't allow
resizeing by moving the edges or corners - as with solitaire
(patience).  (Solitaire is just an example - and among the
least of my worries.)

Any ideas?

Roger Hammons