[ale] difference among Seagate, WesternDigital & Maxtor ?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Oct 26 06:34:46 EDT 2005

Every WD drive I've bought in the last 2-3 years has had an option to
upgrade to a 3 year warranty for something like $10-$15.  It was a slip
of paper in the box pointed you to a web site to register.  I've never
done it.

Installed right now are (5 different computers)
1 160 Gb
3 120 Gb
1 80 Gb
1 40 Gb
1 30 Gb
1 8 Gb
1 5 Gb
and just this week I took a 2 Gb and a 1 Gb out of service.  I took the
500 Mb out of service about 6 months ago.  All were working and all are
WD drives.

Jim.