[ale] difference among Seagate, WesternDigital & Maxtor ?

Jim Lynch ale_nospam at fayettedigital.com
Wed Oct 26 06:24:59 EDT 2005

I've been running WD drives since the early '90's.  Had one fail under
waranty.  Only had one Maxtor, it failed about 30 days after I installed
it.  Had a few Seagates back in the MFM days, but maybe only one since.
This is almost a "religious" choice, if you can permit me to use that
word in this context. I have a friend that uses a lot of drives and
swears by Samsung drives.

I don't think you can go wrong with either WD or Seagate.  Find the
cheapest sale, which is usually WD, at one of the Office supply stores
or Best Buy (ugh but they have good prices on sale), etc.

Jim.