[ale] Connecting with SUSE 10.0

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Oct 25 15:14:12 EDT 2005

Sounds like the other PC's are set to NOT answer pings. From the Suse
system try to ping www.yahoo.com. Use the Suse system to log into the
admin on the Linksys and verify the Linksys status page and make sure it
is actually connected to the outside world AND it has proper DNS servers
listed. If the Linksys is the DHCP server for your LAN, outside access
will fail unless the Linksys has correct DNS address.

Try running

nmap -sT -P0 <IP of another LAN system>

to see if you have a working LAN since you can't ping.