[ale] difference among Seagate, WesternDigital & Maxtor ?

Greg Freemyer greg.freemyer at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 08:42:27 EDT 2005

On 10/25/05, Raylynn Knight <audilover at speedfactory.net> wrote:
> I agree with the order here.  I purchased a 160GB Maxtor from Fry's and
> had to send it in under warranty within a week.  The replacement failed
> within 3 weeks.  I've also had bad luck with Western Digital.
>
> I have never had a Seagate drive fail that was less than 3 years old.
> And I have some Seagate drives that are over 6 years old and still going
> strong.

I hope that proves true for me.  My company has used scores (20s) of
Maxtor and WD drives over the last few years.  Due to numerous
failures we have been buying Seagate for the last 6 months.  None of
those have failed yet. (We've bought about 60 Seagate drives I think).

Also with the Seagate drives and 2.6 kernel I think I get less
extraneous errors in /var/log.

Greg
--
Greg Freemyer