[ale] Enterprise Linux's

Bob Toxen transam at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Oct 10 18:55:24 EDT 2005

One of my clients who does pay for RHEL support tried the support.  He
got a woman in Singapore whose English was too poor for him to understand
her.  So much for support or "buying American".

An alternative to paying for support for all of your RHEL systems is to
pay for one and then scp the RPMs.  The GPL prohibits an organization from
placing restrictions on any GPL'ed code it distributes.  Commingling, e.g.,
Red Hat's BS "you can't copy 'cause of our trademarked images" makes the
entire thing GPL'ed as per the GPL.  Don't believe me, seek competent
legal advice.