Thanks and Q - RE: [ale] H/W Q: Fedora-C3 and Dell's USB keyboard & mouse, SATA drives

Dow Hurst Dow.Hurst at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 30 21:18:09 EST 2005

Look in the documentation for the horizontal and vertical refresh rates
required for the 1280x1024 display.  You can put those in the
/etc/X11/XF86Config file manually and restart X.  Normally LCDs have a
limited vertical refresh rate and also have a "optimal" setting that may
not be the maximum size the unit can display.  It is recommended to
stick with the "optimal" setting for a crisp display.  The Dell 2001FP
UltraSharp LCD requires the vertical and horizontal refresh to not be
true range in the config file but exact numbers like this:

VertRefresh 60.0-60.0

instead of
VertRefresh 60.0-75.0  (which gives X leeway to search for different modes)

Most of the time X will figure out what works but some LCDs are
finicky.  Check the docs for your LCD and adjust accordingly.
Dow