Thanks and Q - RE: [ale] H/W Q: Fedora-C3 and Dell's USB keyboard & mouse, SATA drives

Mills, John M. Mills.J at ems-t.com
Wed Mar 30 17:56:29 EST 2005

Mike and all who replied -

Thanks for your inputs. Mike's 'usb-controller' parameter was the ticket.
Fedora-C3 dropped in _very_ painlessly, even transferring the usb controller
settings from installation for the normal boot - keyboard and mouse working
just fine, thank you.

Now I have a post-install question:
My display is an ACER AL1913 LCD capable of 1280x1024. I configured it as
'Generic LCD 1280x1024 / millions of colors', but only get 800x600 display.
What X-driver and/or settings could make better use of this display?

TIA.

 - Mills