[ale] Hopefully not spam, Atlanta pre startup idea

Jonathan Rickman jrickman at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 08:40:59 EST 2005

I don't want to be the guy who spoils the party, but you should
probably have a look at the plethora of so-called ERP systems (many of
which are startups, but some are established) targeted at the SMB
segment. I get a sales call at least twice a week, and so many emails
that we've contemplated adding ERP and CRM to the SPAM filter keyword
list. Your proposed target market is flooded, so you will likely have
to spend most of your startup capital on marketing just to get on the
radar, and will probably end up hearing me hang up on you at some
point. IMO the greatest need in the SMB segment right now is a plain
jane accounting system that falls somewhere in between QB/PeachT and
MAS90. Once that base is established, you could extend the system to
encompass more areas of the business.

--
Jonathan