[ale] In-store Linux Support

Paul Boren pmboren at vtrocket.com
Thu Jun 16 11:33:58 EDT 2005

I like to see what kind of open source selection stores have when I shop around.  I usually hang around the shelves long enough for someone to come up to me and ask if they can help me find something.  My first impression could be totally wrong, but the knowledge (or helpful attitude) of the staff is just as much of a factor as price and convenience when I vote with my wallet.

Now that it's easy to find books and compatible hardware, the fact that there is still little or no in-store presence for PC-buyers to discover linux really annoys me.  Here's a link to a story that says linux support may be coming to franchise near you:

http://management.itmanagersjournal.com/management/05/06/15/070209.shtml

-- Paul Boren