[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 21:43:14 EDT 2005

When I am setting up a server I want the bare minimum so that I can
decide what is on the machine. No installer is ever going to be smart
enough to figure that out.

Notice that I never said it isn't possible to trim down SuSE or Red
Hat or Mandrake down to something manageable during install. I said
that by _default_ they install way too much for a single CD
installation. I said that the Debian install system doesn't install
all of that junk unless you specifically tell it to. If you think
about, that is actually a much easier, less time consuming, way to do
things.

Now, I would appreciate it if you would not try to insult my
intelligence by saying that I can't do what a 13 year old can.