[ale] Debian 3.0 as a server platform?

Stuffed Crust pizza at shaftnet.org
Sat Jun 4 08:24:55 EDT 2005

On Fri, Jun 03, 2005 at 09:03:42PM -0400, James Sumners wrote:
> Unlike certain other distributions that have multiple CDs, Debian only
> requires the first one for a fully working installation :)

While I can't speak for SuSe, I know Mandrake and Fedora are perfectly
usable with only one install CD.  Obviously you can't install
everything, but the "commonest" stuff is on the first disc.

I prefer using full install CDs to NetInstalls (uneless I create a local
mirror, anyway) because then I don't need anything else to get a system
up and running.  The internet is not reliable.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        				 ICQ: 1318344
Melbourne, FL 					 JID: pitha at myjabber.net