[ale] Pan [newsreader] -> help in implementing a new news server

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at joimail.com
Fri Jun 3 16:16:53 EDT 2005

I've gotten a new news server and am unable to download it's list of ALL
newsgroups.

What happens is: when I click on "download all groups", the modem blazes
away, but when I examine the Task Mgr all I see is that the process is
"queued" but not "running" and I don't get a list of all groups, even
though the modem lights are furiously blinking.

I've left my old news server installed but have named the new one
"default", changing the old one to a new name, other than default.

What am I missing here ?

Thank you,
Courtney