[ale] Why LISP? (was Why Ruby?)

Cory T. Echols ctechols at mindspring.com
Fri Jan 28 07:59:18 EST 2005

On 01/28, Joe Knapka wrote:
> Agreed, but there's one thing Lisp lacks, in my experience (which
> I admit is not very extensive):
>
> A truly comprehensive and, most importantly, easy-to-use standard
> library that covers all the basic tasks one might need in modern
> application development.

Debian (in testing) provides a large number of Lisp libraries.  There's
even an implementation of CLIM (the cross platform user-interface
toolkit for lisp), though it doesn't seem to link to qt or gtk, so I
doubt it's any prettier that Tk wrappers.

It's nowhere near as comprehensive as CPAN, but anyone wanting to play
around with Lisp has a good head start if they're using Debian.

--
Cory T. Echols