[ale] OT: Scrum and Extended Development

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Thu Jan 27 15:34:38 EST 2005

Christopher Fowler said:
> Seems to me like this is the Nirvana of programming.  As a developer if
> I could place those restrictions on sales, executives, users, and others
> then my life would be easier.  Not a week goes by that sales does not
> try to add stuff to a feature list.  In this environment they would have
> to add a feature to their own list and wait until the next iteration for
> it to be developed.  What sales rep do you know that can wait for
> features to be developed?

That's just it...this isn't a product we sell...it's a product we (3500
employees) use.

That gives us some room for creativity, especially with Sarbanes Oxley
breathing down our necks...

My plan is to drive a monthly Software Change Control Board meeting where
RFEs and fixes are discussed.  What comes out of this meeting would be
used to prioritize those things that could be added to Scrum Sprint
backlog.....

John