[ale] AOL's SPAM solution for lame ISPs

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 12:52:49 EST 2005

The full article is very interesting, here is a snippet:

But no one wanted to listen to one ISP. So we had to apply the set of
solutions for every other ISP around the planet for them!

        1) The port 25 blocking we do for them (via pattern matches on
        their dynamic space or getting their actual dynamic IP space
        from them if their regex set-up is not thought out well)

        2) Our Second Received Line rate limits which put reasonable
        controls on the amount of mail an end user can send through
        their ISPs mail server.