[ale] debian acpi module errors, framebuffer

Jay Loden jloden at toughguy.net
Mon Jan 24 05:05:47 EST 2005

pciehp: acpi_pciehprm:\_SB_.PCI0 evaluate _BBN fail=0x5
pciehp: acpi_pciehprm:get_device PCI ROOT HID fail=0x5
shpchp: acpi_shpchprm:\_SB_.PCI0 evaluate _BBN fail=0x5
shpchp: acpi_shpchprm:get_device PCI ROOT HID fail=0x5

The above is in dmesg on my newly installed Debian system, and I see insmod
errors for both pciehprm and shpchprm when I boot.  In addition, configuring
the Laptop Battery in Kcontrol, it tells me:

"Your computer seems to have a partial ACPI installation. ACPI was probably
enabled, but some of the sub-options were not - you need to enable at least
'AC Adaptor' and 'Control Method Battery' and then rebuild your kernel."

I'm guessing the two are related, pretty clearly, but a) is there a way to
install what is' missing without rebuilding a kernel, or b) can someone point
me to some instructions on how to enable these then rebuild it if i need to?

Separate question: I want to set up boot time to show my fonts in better
resolution and have a background image as with splash...I think it's called
framebuffer?  can anyone give me enough info to at least google so I know
what I'm looking for?

-Jay