[ale] Bellsouth DSL

Jerald Sheets jsheets at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 10 10:29:10 EST 2005

--- Jim Popovitch <jimpop at yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-01-10 at 06:51 -0500, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Jim Popovitch wrote:
> Well, here's why:  Spammers use dialup, and other
> cheap lines, to bulk
> email their trash directly to other mailservers.
> So, if I run a
> legitimate mailserver. I have to make a choice
> whether to accept email
> from all of Comcast's IPs or just the ones
> identified as Comcast's mail
> servers.  If Comcast blocked port 25 then Comcast
> becomes responsible
> for approving their users behavior, etc., rather
> then EVERY other
> business.

And after reading this again....

Why don't you (instead of slamming someone's choice of
ISP's) get behind a sound solution like Sender Policy
framework + secure sendmail/postfix/qmail
implementation?  Everywhere I've implemented this, the
company's problems with Spammers using their email
address space for spamming has just quietly withered
away.

Choose a technical route and support standards.

(and yes, I use SPF on my DNS servers on my
Speedfactory service)