[ale] iTunes on Linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Jan 7 08:56:07 EST 2005

Mark Wright wrote:

> Christmas saw the mini iPod count rise around my house.  I am now
> managing three iPods from one Ti Powerbook.  This has caused a few mild
> disasters as I have learned to juggle the songs on a system that was
> only meant to work for one person.  What would really set me free would
> be to put iTunes on my wife's desktop and my daughters laptop. (Sun Java
> Desktop and MDK 9.0)
>
> Are any of my fellow ALE's finding solutions around a similar problem?

There's been a couple of threads on the crossover list regarding these
toys, but I've not followed them, you might check the archives.

> This may need a separate thread...
>
> I emailed a guy named Jared at www.zeleksoftware.com and asked him about
> his iTunes replacement program that runs on OSX and Win.  His website
> stated he'd consider a linux port.  Seems he doesn't know a lot about
> Linux but said if we as a list, wanted to show our interest in a Linux
> port of his program called Liberator, he would like to hear from us and
> would seriously consider it.

I'd be willing to take a look at his code to assess the portability,
although I'm very limited on time right now.  Do you know what it's
written in?

--
Until later, Geoffrey