[ale] Debian and Palm Pilot

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Sun Apr 24 16:06:33 EDT 2005

Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:02:01AM -0400, Jim Seymour wrote:

>>>Good point.  If it's usb, you've got the wrong device.  It would be
>>>/dev/ttyUSB1
>>>

>>From pilot-link this is the output of dlpsh:
>
> jim at nuthatch:~$ dlpsh -p /dev/pilot
>

>    Listening to port: /dev/pilot
>
>       Please press the HotSync button now... Segmentation fault
>
> Sometimes I get a connect message and then a different message regarding
> /dev/pilot (cannot duplicate right now). The Segmentation error message
> occurs as soon as I press HotSync on the Palm.

That's unusual.  The only thing I ever see is it simply won't connect.
seg fault sounds like a code problem.  I've never used (or heard of)
dlpsh, but I just tried it with mine and it connects fine.

What version of dlpsh?  Maybe you have some incompatibilities between
versions of dlpsh and the conduits?

Try this and see what you get:

pilot-xfer -p /dev/pilot -l

--