[ale] Debian and Palm Pilot

Jim Seymour bluejay at speedfactory.net
Sun Apr 24 12:50:46 EDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 24, 2005 at 10:02:01AM -0400, Jim Seymour wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 09:33:52PM -0400, Geoffrey wrote:
> > Robert L. Harris wrote:
> > >
> > >  Is your pilot serial or USB?  If it's usb, plug it in, hit the sync
> > >button and run "lsusb"
> >
> > Good point.  If it's usb, you've got the wrong device.  It would be
> > /dev/ttyUSB1
> >

>From pilot-link this is the output of dlpsh:

jim at nuthatch:~$ dlpsh -p /dev/pilot

   Listening to port: /dev/pilot

      Please press the HotSync button now... Segmentation fault

Sometimes I get a connect message and then a different message regarding
/dev/pilot (cannot duplicate right now). The Segmentation error message
occurs as soon as I press HotSync on the Palm.

Jim

--
Windows is open sores - subject to recurrent festering infections. eewww
Linux is open source - subject to recurrent scrutiny of hackers. aahhh