[ale] problems running perl scripts thru apache 2.0.52

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Thu Apr 21 09:36:15 EDT 2005

[...]

    Eric> server log shows the following: (8)Exec format error: exec
    Eric> of '/var/www/etools/chocolate/html/perltest.pl' failed
    Eric> Premature end of script headers: perltest.pl

    Eric> script runs fine from command line, eg 'perl perltest.pl'

Don't run it explicitly with perl.  Try and run:

/var/www/etools/chocolate/html/perltest.pl

If that fails with the same error check that the #! line's pointing at
the correct perl interpreter.  Also if the file has ever been through
a Wintendo machine make sure there's not a trailing ^M on the end of
the #! either.

fletch at phydeaux.org|  Vincent, you should cease askin'          \ o.O'